Fall Maintenance and Winter Ready
Shut down your lawn irrigation systems and prepare for winter’s bitter cold. It’s time to start thinking about winterizing! That means winter and cold weather is not far off either.
This also means it is time to think about turning off your irrigation systems as weather allows. Digital Rain Sprinkler Service is now taking calls at 402-934-7900 to schedule your system close down.
Sprinkler Blowouts - Why You Should Hire a Professional Service
Sprinkler blowouts are a simple services for professionals to provide, but the easy and quality of a professional sprinkler blowout comes from experience.
Even small amounts of water trapped in a valve or pipe can expand enough during freezing weather to crack and damage your sprinkler system, and using high pressured air improperly through a sprinkler system can not only damage your system, but can also be dangerous.
What We Do :
Our technicians will turn off the water supply, clear and prepare all the lines to prevent freezing, and leakage. The cost to make repairs on systems which have frozen is great and a bit of prevention each fall will ensure you are leak-free and ready to water your lawn and landscape in the spring.
1. Shut off water pressure to your irrigation system
2. Open main drain valve to drain out main line
3. Open drain valve inside electric valve box to drain lateral lines
4. Manually open all electronic valves to allow lateral lines to drain into mainline
5. Keep valve solenoids and bleeder valves open for winter
6. Open test ports on back-flow device in order to winterize back-flow device
7. Close gate valves on back-flow device
- Remove garden hoses from outdoor faucets. Leaving hoses attached can cause water to back up in the faucets and in the plumbing pipes just inside your exterior walls. When freezing temperatures hit, that water could freeze, expand, and crack the faucet or pipes. Make this an early fall priority!
- Turn off any shutoff valves on water supply lines that lead to exterior faucets. That way, you’ll stop minor leaks that may let water enter the faucet.
- Drain garden hoses and store them in a shed or garage.
Did you know?
One broken sprinkler head can waste 4800 gallons of water a month?
When your residential or commercial irrigation system isn’t working like it should, let Digital Rain Sprinkler Service handle the problem for you. We fix leaks, replace broken lines, repair or replace sprinkler heads, and install new parts, including backflow preventers, valves, and controllers for both new and existing systems.
- Repair or replacement of leaking sprinkler heads
- Repair or replacement of leaking or malfunctioning sprinkler valves
- Moving, relocating, and adding sprinkler heads
- Repair leaking sprinkler lines
- Check and adjust sprinkler heads for proper coverage
- Locating underground buried valves
And remember, whether you need our services now and next season, Your Healthy Lawn is Our Passion and we are only a phone call away!
Call 402-934-7900 to schedule your service.